Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fear, Trust and Courage

I wanted to share a few quotes from Becky’s blog from a long time ago…Well the Bible verses are actually originally quotes from the Bible… :) :)

  • "Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe.’ ” Mark 5:36
  • "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3
  • In the Bible, the antidote to fear is trust; it is believing.
  • Courage isn't the absence of fear, but the judgment that there is something more important at stake.
  • We don't just trust God to let us avoid what we fear most. We determine to trust Him no matter what, even if our worst nightmare befalls us. "If ____, then God will take care of me."  "If ____, then God has a plan."  "If ____, then God desires to accomplish something monumental in me."  "If ___, then God will demonstrate His sufficiency to me."

Thanks for sharing Becky!

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome! I was thinking about you today and praying for you. I know how hard these days leading up to an unfulfilled due date are. I wish I could make it better. Sending a hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always love your posts. thank you.

    ReplyDelete