Monday, December 12, 2011

Almost Pretending

It’s a weird feeling…being stuck between waiting and getting a referral. When our paperwork first got registered in Volgograd it all felt so real. We registered and bought our nursery furniture, all getting ready for that life changing call…and now we wait some more. It almost seems like we are pretending, if that makes any sense.

For people who are having a child biologically, they have a constant reminder that things are real and that there really is a baby on the way. They even have an approximate time that baby will arrive. For those of us that are adopting…no constant reminder…besides the lack of money in our checkbooks… :)…and no clue when that time will come. We have to go ahead and prepare so that when we do get that call we are semi ready, but it sometimes seems silly at the same time because we have no idea when that child will be arriving.

One of the things that I learned through our miscarriage though is to live in the moment. What I mean by that is that it’s okay to get excited about the future and prepare for things. I don’t have to worry about protecting my heart because God will protect my heart. We can be joyful and rejoice in what God has given us today and not worry about what tomorrow may or may not bring.

After the miscarriage, part of me wished that I hadn’t starting thinking of baby names and looking at nursery furniture and preparing for the future with my child. But through prayer and a little God given insight, I came to realize that God wants us to live joyfully each and every day. He blessed us with the pregnancy for 14 weeks and wanted us to live each of those days to the fullest, enjoying His blessing.

Today, God has given me the promise that there is a child on the other side of this that He has created for us to parent. I will rest in that promise and trust Him each day that He knows best and will bring us to that child when the time is right. So, until that time…We will continue preparing even though it does feel like pretend. :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope that time is soon for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it’s okay to get excited about the future and prepare for things. I don’t have to worry about protecting my heart because God will protect my heart."

    What a profound statement. I needed that today. Thanks so much for letting God work in and through you. It is such a blessing to all those around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard and many people don't understand just how hard it is. But trust that your child is just not quite ready for you, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post brought tears to my eyes. You nailed it on the head. Thank you! God wants me to live each and every day joyfully. Right now. Even while I wait. Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete