Thursday, August 6, 2015

Growing

In the song "Blessings" by Laura Story, she says, 

"'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops 
What if Your healing comes through tears 
What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near 
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise."

I think about my own life and how true that is. If the stroke had never occurred, my life would obviously be very different.  I have been forced to slow down and reevaluate my priorities. Elijah is given the opportunity to spend a lot of time with and get to know my parents (who technically live in Alaska but have moved down to help full time (mom) and part time (dad - until he retires)). I was able to spend those early months (when my mom was doing all the cooking, laundry, straightening, etc.) soley focused on Elijah. And so much more.  

My relationship with the Lord being at the top. I was saved at a young age and had a decent faith. I had no idea what I was missing. The infertility, miscarriage, adoption journey got me ready to face the stroke. Looking back I can see my faith growing. The stroke REALLY caused me to cry out to Him and it REALLY grew my faith and my relationship with Him. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the song "Blessings" too!
    What blessings you have in your life with your parents, Elijah's care and your relationship with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete