Saturday, July 24, 2010

My 100th Post!!!

Woo-hoo!!  I cannot believe I have been blogging for as long as I have…I have blogged 100 times!  And you guys are still with me!  :)

And what better way to celebrate the 100th post than to announce…

We are pregnant!!!

We are 10 weeks today.  Still early, but I didn’t want to keep the news any longer.  :)  I have gotten many a comments and emails asking what is going on since you haven’t heard from me in so long.

I have been holding off on posting for many reasons.  I really do apologize for waiting this long, but many many people in my “real life world” read the blog and we just weren’t ready for the whole world to know yet.  I do hate that I had to leave everyone hanging though. Another reason I have been holding off on posting is because I know how these announcements feel.  I know how painful they can be and I know how if you are having a bad day they can definitely bring tears to your eyes (OK, even on a good day this kind of news can even bring tears to your eyes.)  You want to be happy for the person making the announcement but you are so sad that it is not YOU making that announcement.  The LAST thing I want to do is to hurt ANY of you wonderful ladies.  So I prayed and prayed and prayed about when and how to share…

Since finding out I was pregnant I have struggled with “why me?” Sounds crazy seeing as though that seems like a question to ask yourself DURING the infertility struggle.  But I have asked it now.  I honestly don’t think I even asked it while struggling with infertility because I KNOW that everything that happens to me passes through God’s hand for a reason.  I KNEW that He was using my struggle to minister to others and I am SO thankful for that.  But now I am asking “why me?” Why am I pregnant and so many other wonderful women out there are not?  Why?

And this is the answer I got…it’s not about me.  Yes, God answered our prayer for a baby, but it’s not about ME.  It’s about HIM and what HIS purpose is.  He has a purpose for this pregnancy.  It didn’t just happen.  He didn’t create this miracle just to make me happy.  It is all part of His greater plan and He always knew it would happen this way.  “All of the days ordained for [this child] were written in [His] book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:16)  He has a reason for creating this specific child at this specific time.  “For by Him were all things created…ALL things were created by Him and FOR HIM” Colossians 1:16.  AND  “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” Ephesians 2:10.  He created this child at this exact time for a PURPOSE.  He has a purpose for this pregnancy, for me in this new part of the journey and for this child.

He has a purpose for each and every one of you.  He has a purpose for each and every once of your children that are yet to be in your arms.  We don’t know what that plan is, what that purpose is and when it will unfold.  But we can be certain that He has things under control and He always will…even when we don’t understand the “whys” of life.

I am so sorry if I brought hurt into your life today and I am praying for all of you as I type this post and always.  I want this to be an encouragement to each of you that miracles DO happen in God’s timing.  Thank you for your prayers and please keep them up!  Like I said, we are still early in this pregnancy but I am trusting God and putting this child’s life in His capable hands.

I have several very cool stories about how God’s hand has definitely been on all of this that I will be sharing soon…so stay posted!

28 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have been wondering how you were doing and definitely didn't expect this :) Thank you for praying for those of still longing for that baby blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I didn't sound unsupportive/unexcited- I'm just shocked for you! I will look forward to your posts reflections on God's work with this baby of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that the news is finally out. And I love that you put prayers in for other ladies... as I read this I am crying at my house because another friend of mine got engaged. As much as I try to be happy for them, every engagement and wedding I got to is now a stab in the heart.

    I love you so much and thank you for your wonderful love and witness for Christ! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYAYA!!!!!!! I'm so over the moon happy for you guys!!! Looks like 4 is your magic number! :-) ha! I can't wait to hear the stories...

    Your post was beautiful, as always. Very well written and thought out. The versus. Everything. I must admit, I needed to read it as I at 25 weeks pregnant, still ask "Why me?". It was a rude awakening to me with the reminder it's NOT about me. I knew it wasn't about me going thru IF. That I got. I accepted. Wow. Thank you for that reminder!

    Looking forward to reading more on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Yes, I experienced the same feelings when I was pg with DD, the guilt...
    Even though I have been mad at God and not sure why I am now going through SIF, I have to believe that my next child will be in my arms someday, just maybe not as soon as I wanted...;)

    Hoping you have a great rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for y'all!!! I struggled with the "why me" too! Hoping for an easy and fun pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing the prego happy dance right now on your behalf!!!!!! I just have to shout out a loud PRAISE GOD right now. Oh my word, oh my word, Oh my word...I'm sooooo excited for you guys. I really am. Oh how awesome is this! Cannot wait to hear more about it. I know you feel weird posting now and dont' want to hurt people's feelings but just go with your heart, don't be apologetic in your posts and tell of the good things God has done for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just knew it! I could think of no other reason why you wouldn't post the results! Please know that I am soooo happy for you guys! I'm not hurt or sad or angry or jealous or any of those feelings! I will keep on reading your blog and please don't feel guilty that you are pregnant and others are not! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby in a few months time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I knew it! You were who I was referring to in my last post at the bottom...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "real life people" were just a little bit worried about you, lol. I am so happy for you and as always you are truely an inspiration to those who follow your blog and those around you daily. I can only imagine the struggle you had in contemplating this post. How special though for it to be #100. God will continue to bless those around you through this time. I know you will continue to blog and be an inspiration and that your faith in ministering to others will be done in His will for His purpose. Can't wait til you are back in town and we can get together. Tell Barry I said Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, congratulations! So excited for you -- and love the message in your post. So very true, and very uplifting. Thanks for sharing your heart with us~

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS!! This is wonderful news and it really brightened my day- I love hearing success stories, gives me hope! So happy for you guys- and I am looking forward to hearing about the ways in which God's hands have been on this cycle- share soon please:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS, lisa! so happy for you and your hubby...our God IS faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praise the Lord!! And congratulations! I love hearing about your "why me?" thought process and how it isn't about us at all, its about God. What amazing things He can accomplish, even through IF. Hope you are feeling the pregnancy glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!!!! I'm SOOO happy for you! Isn't it an amazing feeling knowing that this baby you prayed so very hard for is now growing inside you? I can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew it! I've been waiting for this post. I'm so happy for you and your husband. CONGRATS! And, thank you for your kind words and thoughts towards those of us still waiting. This is your moment. God has chosen this as your time. Enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to the days to come. I know that I look forward to reading future updates.:-) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found your blog through Courtney's and just wanted to offer a huge congratulations to you. I also announced my pg last summer in my 100th post!!

    I love your acknowledgement that all of this is not for us, it's for HIM! It's an amazing realization though that God has chosen us to raise one of His covenant children... amazing.

    Enjoy your pregnancy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an exciting time for you and your post was so nicely written. Just wanted to say "Yay!" and that I will continue to pray for you and this special little one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your pregnancy, how exciting and to reveal the news on your 100th post! Amazing!

    Have to disagree with the "miracle in gods timing" comment though, each to their own but I don't believe God has a hand in anyone getting or not getting pregnant, I truly believe it's down to luck - when you look at who gets pregnant and who doesn't, there can be no other explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! What wonderful news ... sending all good thoughts for a continued healthy pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful blessing and post.

    Thank you for sharing and congratulations on the BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. God answers prayer. This is so great! Found you through Courtney's Praying for a Little One Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Once you return from your homey wasteland, you need to start blogging about being "preggo." Is "preggo" okay?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Big Congrats....Me and my hubby are 10wks and 1day prego today....This was our second IVF but we have had 4 losses this past year due to mulitple issues with Me....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, this is what your Aunt Barbara gets for missing the fact that her niece HAS A BLOG. On Blogspot, no less, which is where my much-neglected blog happens to be. Your Dad called me just now with the news and I am ecstatic for you and Barry. I'm going to do my best to follow you on your blog in the future, but who knows if that will be effective. LOL! Not the most technically-minded person here, as you well know.

    DID you know that your cousin, Bonnie, was not supposed to be, that the fertility docs told me that there was little liklihood that I'd ever get pregnant, and that if I did, that I would not carry full-term? Some stuff that was done to me as a child, scars, complicated by a messed-up luteal cycle. Well, docs don't have the final say. Ten years of trying with fertility drugs, and then two and a half years of having given up in the natural. Now he-e-e-ere's Bonnie. :D God is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete