Monday, January 3, 2011

The New Year

Well…2010 is gone…2011 is here.  I have such mixed feelings about it all.  In some ways 2010 was the most wonderful, amazing year of my life.  Hearing “you are pregnant”, seeing our baby at each doctor’s visit, hearing that little heartbeat, preparing for our baby’s future with my hubby...such sweet moments.   2010 was also the worst, saddest, most anxiety producing year of my entire life.  On one hand I want to see it go but on the other I am scared of the uncertainty of what the future holds.  I am disappointed to be starting this year still with empty arms, continuing to grieve what we have lost, with an emending unfulfilled due date. 

In the midst of the roller coaster of emotions I have found so many verses that I think are quite appropriate as we roll into another year.

"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3 -- The future can be scary.  The future can be downright frightening.  But the Lord simply wants us to put our trust and our future in Him.  When we start feeling afraid of the “what ifs” that 2011 might bring we need to pray what David prayed in this Psalm…when I am afraid Lord, I CHOOSE to put my trust in you.  In the one who knows my past, who knows my present and who knows my future.

“This is what the Lord says, ... "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 43:16,18-19 –- God is still in control!  He is making a way for us even when we are in the desert places. I don’t know what 2011 holds but I do know that God has promised to make a way for me.  He has promised to provide me with just what I need on this journey we call life.  He got me through the deserts of 2010 and I KNOW He will get me through 2011 too!

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 --  I love love love this verse.  It is one I have been studying lately and I plan on blogging more about it later.  God has called us to persevere through our trials.  As time marches on we are sure to experience trials.  He never ever promised us that life would be easy but He did promise us that He would never leave us.  Regardless of what 2011 will bring me I plan on persevering!!  What about you?

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Lisa! I needed several of those verses. Praying for you as always and even more so in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Your posts are always so inspiring. God has GREATNESS in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that but when I'm afraid verse...thinking of you Lisa during this difficult time. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your faith is such an inspiration to me and I am so thankful for it and for posts like these. I am praying for always and excited to see what God has for you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! I'm so thankful that you continue to look to God and keep your faith strong during your wait to become a mom. You're a great example for the rest of us on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can completely relate to your thoughts on moving on from the year 2010. I also experienced anxiety, loss, sadness and disappointment. Thank you for sharing these verses. What better way to start 2011 then to remember God's promises and words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete