Sunday, May 8, 2011

"The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews

OK, so this has nothing to do with infertility...

What it does have to do with is free books!!! How?? Book Sneeze! :) What is Book Sneeze you may ask? A very cool way to get free books, and I am all about free! Anyone who has a blog is able to sign up on Book Sneeze, request free books and then all you have to do is write a 200 word review and post it on your blog and one other consumer review site! How easy is that?? So the first book that I reviewed was called "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews (who I would like to mention that my mom babysat for many years ago!) Here's the review!

"The Final Summit" is the third book following David Ponder who was previously seen in "The Noticer" and "The Traveler’s Gift". He and many other historical figures are on a quest to save mankind from themselves. They are faced with the task to answer the question, "What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?"

I enjoyed reading the first two books, although at times they even seemed to get a little too heavy in the history lesson, but this book I feel was a little too much of David Ponder and his travels. It has been a while since I have read the first two books and the author does not do a great job of recapping what has gone on in the previous books and I was left feeling confused for the first few chapters. I enjoyed the concept of the first two books but felt like the author took the concept a little too far with "The Final Summit". There were a few mentions of Biblical matters but no scripture was quoted, no actual Biblical advice was given and their final conclusion was very anti-climactic and I believe did not get to the true point of what society really needs...Jesus.

As for the good things in the book though, the author uses great detail and you feel as if you are actually there. There were also many insightful statements made throughout the book regarding how we should live our lives and I did enjoy reading those parts.

Overall I would recommend this book if you have recently read the first two and enjoy getting a dose of history in your reading.

The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa! I'm reading this book now too from BookSneeze! So far I'm loving it. I chose the digital download version and I'm reading on my iphone, just to see if I would like using ibooks - which I do! Takes a little getting used to though...
    But the book has been fasinating! We will have to chat about our thoughts when I see you in B'ham next week!!
    I'm so HAPPY to have another BookSneeze friend!

    ReplyDelete