Well, I forgot to take a picture of the chain before we left our house, but if you were to see it, it would only have two links left!! We leave out of Atlanta on Sunday morning for our very fast whirlwind trip. We will fly from Atlanta to JFK to Moscow and arrive there Monday morning. Our week looks like this:
Monday - sight see in Moscow (hopefully we will feel up for it after having travelled for many many hours)
Tuesday - medicals in Moscow
Wednesday - fly to Volgograd
Thursday - visit with Elijah!!
Friday - court
Saturday - fly home
It makes me tired just looking at it...
Hopefully we will be able to see Elijah after court on Friday as well, but who really knows. :)
- Safe travels, on time flights, not losing our luggage, etc.
- That we have all of the required paperwork for the Embassy, court and anywhere else that we may be bringing things (we are literally bringing with us a stack of paperwork that is at least 1.5 inches think plus our chest x-rays and other various documents). I have gone through it all a hundred times, but it still makes me nervous that we could be missing something.
- That our medicals will go smoothly (several, as in 7 or 8 I think, Russian doctors will need to ask us questions, maybe do a few exams and sign off on our forms) and that we will be healthy as far as the Russian doctors are concerned.
- That we will have a great visit with Elijah - that he will recognize us a little bit, not be afraid of us, and enjoy his time with his mommy and daddy.
- That court will run smoothly - that the judge will wake up on the right side of the bed :), that he will have compassion towards us and towards Elijah, that we will be able to answer all of his questions honestly, in a God honoring way and be able to give him the answers that he wants to hear.