Friday, January 9, 2015

Giving Thanks

I am doing a "thousand gift" journey. I saw the below list on Facebook and thought it would be a great thing to do this year. You are supposed to have 1,000 gifts at years end. 


The author is Ann Voskamp. Her writing is...wordy...flowery....not my style...but if you read between the lines, I get a lot out of it. I'm reading the "One-Thousand Gifts Devotional" right now (I read  "One-Thousand Gifts" several years ago) and the whole premise is that giving thanks in all circumstances for the gifts/graces that The Lord has given us precedes joy. I want joy - what about you?

Here is my list thus far:

 Elijah singing, music playing, birds chirping, leaves on the ground, nap blanket, cherry salad, A friend being pregnant, AP having a good Christmas, a friend making a living doing something she enjoys, Christmas cards on my wall, coffee from my hubby, new mug from Sharmy, 1,000 Gifts devotional, coffee, Barry sleeping, little sunglasses, peppermint mocha creamer, contentment,  Barry having 5 days off, David, Emily & dad had safe flights home, Elijah is feeling better, rain, reflection of ceiling fan on ceiling, tree shadow, kitchen towel "tatted" by Lynne, Elijah, fluffy throw pillows    

1 comment:

  1. I started doing this at the beginning of January, too! Right before bed each night I write down 5 or 6 things from the day I'm thankful for. It is really good to think on these things instead of everything that went wrong in the day!

    ReplyDelete