Monday, July 13, 2015

My Heavenly Father

I'm doing "What Love Is" by Kelly Minter with a women's Bible Study Group. In my quiet time this morning she was talking about God being our Heavenly Father. Now, that is nothing new, but the Holy Spirit was talking to me. 

My earthly father would give anything to take my pain away. He would take my situation away in a heartbeat if he could. I have prayed A LOT to my Heavenly Father to take away my suffering, and yet, here I am. Still in a wheelchair. Still with poor vision. Still with tremors, etc. So comparing my Heavenly Father to my earthly father just seemed...wrong. 

Romans 8:28 tells us, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Well, this sure doesn't seem like this is for my good! But the Bible also says in Isaiah 55:8-9, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

In Romans it does not say everything will work for our good here on earth. Remember, we only see the immediate, but God sees it all. Our "good" might not be seen here, it might not be until Heaven that we see it. But He promises it. My Heavenly Daddy, who can see everything, promises this all is for my good. I choose to trust Him. Do you?

1 comment: