Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Peace

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

I am in awe of the peace I've been given. In my quiet time today, God showed me that it was nothing short of His peace that He gave me in the hospital and at rehab. Sure there were tears, peace does not mean there won't be sadness. But there was an assurance that He was, and is, in control. 

I now cannot fathom being in the hospital in the state I was in, or not going to Russia to pick up MY son. But I got through it at the time with a smile on my face. 

I describe the feeling after the stroke as feeling drunk. I believe He used that feeling to protect me and help bring peace. It was that feeling and the trust that He "works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28) that got me through it all. God is SO good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment