Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Marriage retreat

We went to a one-night marriage retreat with our church this past weekend. I am soo vulnerable at those type of events. 

First of all, I have to eat in front of people which I don't like doing. I had to throw all caution to the wind though, and just not worry about it. Conquering fears. :) 

Second, there were maybe 50 people there and I was sitting in the middle. The music leader had everyone stand. I, of course, did not, while everyone around me did. I am used to this in church, but not in a smaller, intimate setting. I FEEL (I know it's just my perception) like all eyes were on me. There was even another guy in a wheelchair. Should have made me feel less awkward. It didn't. 

Thirdly, a group was playing Corn Hole. I watched while Barry played for a little while but finally gave in to peer pressure and played. I use that term loosely. Playing left handed...that bean bag went every which way. It barely made it halfway. Ha! Oh well. I had fun with friends. 

My point, do I have one???, is God is REALLY calling me out of my comfort zone. That's all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment