Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Trust

Relearning to walk is hard! I have been in this wheelchair for so long that satan is getting in my head and telling me I can't do this. I know God is capable of anything, but it hard to get rid of these thoughts. It's not a purposeful thought, but it's there and it is impacting my walking. When I relax I do so much better, the rest of the time I am tense and stiff.

I've been listening to podcasts from Louie Giglio (sp?) called "Giants Must Fall". In it he talks about the story of David and Goliath. He says that we are not David, slaying our giants with God's help; Jesus is the giant slayer. And He's already slayed the giant! Our giants can be fear, need for acceptance, anger and, in my case, doubt/can't do it attitude/fear of failure. Call it whatever you wish, but my thoughts aren't pretty.

BUT Jesus has already slayed the giant! Lord, help me trust you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment