Thursday, July 6, 2017

It is worth it

I know I've written about this before, but in my Bible study, Proven by Jeannie Allen, she said those words, "it is worth it". I 100% believe that my stroke and the aftermath are worth it.

2 Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

Sooo much eternal glory has come from my, in light of eternity, light and momentary troubles. Our earthly perspective is so limited, we see only our earthly suffering and ask "why me?" But if we truly, "fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)" we will see it has purpose. The suffering can be used for His glory.

I have been able to show how God gives true peace. I have been able to show how God gives true joy. It makes me think of the song by FFH, What It Feels Like. In the chorus it says, "This may not be the road I would choose for me, But it still feels right somehow." It IS worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment