Thursday, June 11, 2015

Marinara Sauce

This happened probably a year ago but something reminded me. Normally I cook in the crockpot and Barry serves it up. This time he was working at night and I decided to cook...with marinara sauce. My left hand (good hand) freaks out when it gets hot. Well, I was serving up the MARINARA sauce with a BIG spoon and my hand touched the side of the crockpot, freaked out and sent marinara sauce EVERYWHERE. It landed smack on the top of my head. Got all in my hair, on my clothes, the counter, the floor, the fridge, the cabinets...all I could do was laugh...and clean it up. I would have cried a year earlier (well, I wouldn't have been cooking then, but that's besides the point) but truly am at peace now. Enough at peace to laugh when red sauce lands on my head. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm super impressed you laughed. SUPER IMPRESSED. I read your blog a lot but I rarely comment because I just don't know how to tell you how inspiring and encouraging you are. If I spilled marinara sauce everywhere I would have thrown myself a pity party. Thank you for the inspiration Lisa.

    ReplyDelete