Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rambling thoughts…

I have some thoughts on my mind so I thought I would express them…not sure if I am making a point here, just expressing what’s going on in my head…

I believe that bad things happen (infertility, death, natural disasters, etc.) because we live in a fallen world. This was not the way that God designed things to be, but because every single one of us is sinful, bad things do happen.  If the sin, sickness, death and natural disasters sadden us - just imagine how the CREATOR feels!  Seeing His creation hurting saddens Him too!!  However, I believe that EVERYTHING that happens to us passes through God's hands first.  We may not understand WHY He allows things to pass through His hands, but the point is is that He does.  I believe that He can work in and through my life during the good times AND the bad times. I believe that through my infertility He is forming me to look more like Him, He is giving me a platform to reach out to others, He is strengthening my relationship with Him and on and on I could go. I don't believe He CAUSED the infertility in my life, but I DO believe that there is a reason that he ALLOWED it to come into my life.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Rom. 8:28) This doesn't mean that only good things will happen in my life, but that God will work through those things for HIS good and for HIS glory.  It’s because of this truth that I can get through each day on this journey.

Lately I have just felt…saddened at how many people are going through this life without the belief that God’s hand is on their life.  I can’t imagine fighting this infertility battle without the complete confidence that God is 100% in control.  Life is not easy even with that belief, but that is why I can be at peace with where I am.  I am at peace because God is here with me.  He is making this infertility have a PURPOSE.  As I was driving thinking about all of this the following song came on…

“God of This City” by Chris Tomlin

You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are

You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City

 

It made me think 2 things…

1) He is THE LIGHT, THE HOPE, and THE PEACE!!!  There is no one and nothing else that can bring those things to your life.  ONLY THE LORD!!!  He is here to rescue us from the darkness, to give us hope and to bring us peace!!  What amazing truths!!

2) With all my being I want this infertility journey to end Friday morning when I get that blood work.  Oh how I do.  However, if that isn’t the Lord’s plan then “greater things are yet to come.”  I don’t completely know how He will use me but I want to be used.  You never know how something that you do or say can effect someone else.  In Sunday School we were talking about a man who had everything material but just wasn’t satisfied with life.  One day he looked out his window and say the mailman praying over his lunch of a sandwich and coke.  At that moment he knew there was more to life, He had everything but didn’t have anyone to be thankful TO.  He became saved and later became a missionary (preacher? I forget…).  My point, is that you never know how and when God is going to use you. That mailman never knew that praying over his lunch would lead a man to the Lord!!  If this infertility journey isn't over, then He isn’t done with me in this stage of my life yet.  He can and will still use me once we get pregnant (positive thinking) but if that isn’t now then He has a purpose for me that involves still being in this place.  I want to be where He wants me to be so hopefully He can use me to lead people to Him.  I want my infertility battle to be over with but more than I want that I want to see other’s come to know Him.  And if that means staying here awhile longer, then here I am Lord!  Use me!

10 comments:

  1. Great post! As Joyce Meyer says: the way we behave during the wait reveals our true character. In dealing with IF, I don't want people to pity me; rather, I want them to see that I can still have God's joy and peace throughout my struggles. I'm praying that God continues to give you strength during this time, and that He will continue to show you ways to touch others through your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic attitude :) Amen, girl! Praying for Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Lisa. I relate in so many ways, God has really been teaching me these lessons lately. We've been studying Romans at church, and the pastor brought up infertility in his last sermon...Romans 8 actually. I felt like God put that in his heart for me. Praying for your beta results. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing post... you are an amazing work in Christ and I can see how He is using you to bless me and many others... Praying for friday as well. God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you just need to know that your attitude and outlook and faith in your struggle have helped me during this time in my life more than you know. Seriously. You have really been the person that I look at when I am frustrated and mad and upset and you really help to get me thinking that instead of getting angry and bitter about things I need to allow God to use this time to strenghten my relationship with Him. You are amazing! Praying for Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous post, beautiful words! I really needed to read that on this stage in my journey. I will be sending you lots of positive vibes for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa you are an amazing purpose whom others can truely see God in. I love your post and your ability to put your thoughts and feelings down in words so smoothly. I often have to say to myself during trying times "Why not me?" instead of "Why me?". I continue to pray for both you and Barry. Praying for good news Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lisa! I needed this message today, because I've been asking those all to common questions like: Why me, why this way? When is it my time? Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that song! Beautiful reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen sister! Thanks for the encouragements and reminders of the answers to all the whys? whens? pretty pleases? that we IFers ask God on a daily cycle.

    ReplyDelete