Monday, January 25, 2016

To Abide

Well, what I was going to write, is not what I am going to write. :) I was going to write about how hard it is to see our house being built from the sidelines (since the wheelchair won't work in the mud and around a construction site. Barry is getting me over the best he can, but there is only so much he can do). But in my quiet time this morning I studied about the fruits of the spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. 

I can only obtain the fruits of the spirit by ABIDING in Him. One of the definitions of abide, according to dictionary.com, is "to reside with". For His Holy Spirit to reside in me, to become so a part of me. I want to abide in Him so that I can have true joy peace and patience, despite seeing the progress of our house from the sidelines.




No comments:

Post a Comment