Thursday, January 28, 2016

Choose Joy

"True joy is not something that can be conjured up or willed. Joy exists apart from our control—we simply choose whether or not to enter in." (She Reads Truth - Fruit of the Spirit)

Joy has been coming up A LOT lately. The other day I read about Joy, the fruit of the spirit, in my Bible Study by She Reads Truth, "Choose Joy" was the title of Girlfriends in God (which I normally don't read but this one caught my eye), I'm listening to "Choose Joy" while I exercise and the name of the sock store was "Choose Joy" (ok, that last one might have been a dream).

Anywho, true joy exists apart from our circumstances. Happiness comes from circumstances, joy comes from a deep rooted confidence that God came to earth in the form of Jesus, lived, died for each of us to pay for the penalty of sin, rose three days later and is coming back. Joy comes from believing God is who He says He is. From rejoicing in GOD alone. 

For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
- Psalm 92:4, ESV

Joy is possible even in the storms of life. Joy persists even when life is hard.  The world cannot steal joy. "....joy is not a fruit of our work, our circumstances or ourselves. Joy is a fruit of God’s Spirit. It is a manifestation of who He is, a result of the heart-transforming power of Jesus Christ in us." (She Reads Truth - Fruit of the Spirit)

True joy is only possible through a relationship with Jesus. If you don't have that joy, and want to know how to get it, won't you let me help? Email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment