Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Contentment

I have a Bible verse to share for the day…

“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it it to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  [I have learned to be content whether pregnant or not pregnant, whether I will become a mother soon or will have to wait several more years…that is my ad lib :) ]  I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:11-13

I can be content with whatever is going on in my life ONLY through HIM who gives me the strength to get through it.  And listen to this quote from my Girlfriends in God devotional…

“When we look at the difficulties, inconveniences and problems of life as potential assignments from God, it changes our perspective.  We can decide to focus on what God can do through a difficult circumstance rather than the details of the circumstance itself.”

I like that a lot…I want to look at infertility as a potential assignment from God.  This is where He wants me right now, and I want to see what God can do through this! 

 

Thanks to everyone who responded to the previous post.  You guys had some great advice.  I love all of my new infertility blogging friends!  And the rest of my friends and family!  I love you too!  I am headed out of town for the next 3 days on a work retreat…but I can’t complain…it’s at the beach!  Woo-hoo!  Although, sadly it is right around ovulation time, but I am trying not to think about that and we are just doing what we can if you know what I mean.  :)

5 comments:

  1. That is a great reflection- thanks so much for sharing! Have fun at the beach, and also have fun covering your bases beforehand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Lisa! This post is great and reveals your sweet heart that is waiting and trusting in God. May he continue to give you that strength that can only come from him. Have fun at the beach - I mean, conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found you via Stirrup Queens anal list of blogs. :-)

    I love what your girlfriend's devotional said! That is exactly how I have been trying to perseve this whole Infertility Journey... Our story. :-)

    Beautiful writings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here via Stirrup Queens also. . .

    I find that I am often discontent, even prior to infertility. Usually thinking about "the next thing," whatever that may be: degree, job, husband, new house, new car, etc.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, contentment. So elusive and so desirable. I'm encouraged by you looking at infertility as an assignment from God. He certainly is in control and is working through our circumstances, regardless of what they are.

    ReplyDelete