Thursday, April 2, 2015

Normal

I feel normal. I might not look "normal" or do things "normal" but I feel "normal". I can do about anything I set my mind to (except standing/walking by myself and driving). 

I can do my own makeup (sans eyeliner). I cook dinner (with the crockpot). I workout (on the NuStep). I take showers by myself. I open packages. I stay home with Elijah. I get around the house. I get myself dressed. Put on my own shoes. Unload/load the dishwasher. I do laundry. I get in and out of bed. 

These things take me longer and I might do them in a different way, but I do them (and I hate help...well except from Elijah because I am teaching him). It is weird to me to hear the words "handicap" or even "wheelchair" in reference to me because that is not how I see myself. I see Lisa. I see me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment