Monday, April 27, 2015

Then God

"Anxiety" has been a big part of my life since the stroke. During our Beth Moore study of Esther, I felt like she was talking to me one night. She was talking about fears. It dawned on me - what I was calling anxiety were fears. Calling it anxiety took the responsibility off me while calling it fears put the responsibility on me. (Now, I believe there ARE real chemical imbalances that require medication but we are often too quick as a society to take them. We want an "easy" fix.)

Using Esther's quote, "If I perish, I perish" from Esther Chapter 4, Beth taught us the "If ____, then _____" pattern. In the first blank you fill in your worst fear in the second God. For example:

If ___, then God will take care of me. 
If ___, then God has a plan. 
If ___, then God desires to accomplish something monumental in me. 
If ___, then Gods going to demonstrate His suffiency to me. 

HUGE milestone in my life. Whatever touches my life has passed through God's hands first and He will get the glory. IF _____, THEN GOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment