Thursday, August 12, 2010

Very Cool God Thing #3

The day before our first ultrasound (6 weeks 5 days) I was so anxious.  I was so scared that they weren’t going to find a baby, or it would be an ectopic pregnancy, or the baby wouldn’t be growing as it should.  The “what ifs” were running rampant in my mind.  I strongly believe the devil was trying to steal my joy and make me doubt my Lord.  I opened my Bible that night still feeling very anxious and low and behold guess what Bible verse my devotional was on that night!?!

"Daughter, your faith has healed you.  Go in peace and be freed from your suffering," (Mark 5:34 NIV).

Woah.  I read it and thought surely I was just reading into it, but why do we do that?  Why do we doubt the Lord when He gives us a promise like that? 

You can find the whole story in Mark 5…it is the story of a woman who had been bleeding for years and years.  No doctor, no treatment could stop the bleeding.  She had such faith that the Lord could heal her that she knew if she could just touch Him she would be healed.  “Just as her faith reached out to touch Jesus, God's healing power reached down to touch her,” (quote from Girlfriends in God).  As soon as she reached out and touched Jesus He knew what had happened and turned around to talk to the woman.  And that’s when He said those special words “Daughter, your faith has healed you.  Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”  And she was healed! 

So cool that the Lord would speak to me those same words the day before seeing our little miracle for the first time.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this Lisa!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i love when God speaks clearly:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always pray for a clear sign from God... because He knows how much I read into things. :) This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Awsome!

    ReplyDelete