Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Many are the plans of my heart

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

The Lord reminded me of this Bible verse as I was leaving a comment on someones blog a second ago. I can make all the plans I want for having a child, and yet the Lord is in control. His purpose will prevail. And I have to remind myself that His plan and His purpose is so much better than any plan I can conjure up in my head. I think the best plan is to have gotten pregnant a year and a half ago, but since that didn't happen, that was not His will. And His will for me is much better than my will for me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 The Lord has a plan for my life but the Lord also has a plan for our future children's lives! Whether those children are by birth or by adoption, He has a plan for them! A friend told me once that maybe my child needs to be in the 8th grade in the year 20__ to lead someone to Christ. My mother-in-law mentioned that maybe our child's spouse has not been born yet. Who knows what the Lord's plans are for our future children, but HE HAS A PLAN FOR THEM! And that plan did not begin a year ago, or 10 years ago...it didn't begin in my timing.

His perfect plan for our children includes a purpose for them. "For by Him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16 God not only is going to create my future child in His timing but He will have a reason for creating that child at that exact time. A reason for Him! Everything He creates has a purpose and a meaning!

I wonder what kind of awesome plans He must have in store for each of us and our future children...

3 comments:

  1. I think it is so exciting to dream about who our kids will be!! You are so right that God has a plan for each and every one of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I cannot be reminded enough how faithful God is and how His will is perfect in design and timing. Thanks for being a faithful sister in Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenting...it's good to be in the 'blogging community' and not feel so alone in this process...

    ReplyDelete